Veteran Services at
City College of San Francisco
Welcome All Veterans!
CCSF is currently operating on a remote basis and buildings are not accessible at this time. During this time, Student Affairs are modifying services to be able to continue to support you remotely. For college wide updates, please read COVID-19 Updates and Plans to Return to Campus. Visit CCSF Virtual Campus to find information about our remote services.
Temporary Change to Our Services
During CCSF’s period of closed campus access, the VETS Office and Veterans Resource Center are not conducting business in person. Please use our Remote Services/Online Virtual Help Counters (via zoom) during this time.
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are working hard to get back to the high volume of emails and phone calls. Please allow us 24 to 48 hours to replay. Thank you.
Please note that the VA has reported that there should be no disruptions in payments for Veterans whose VA GI Bill®* and Voc Rehab benefits were previously processed/certified for the Spring 2020 semester.
For more information or ask questions regarding VA Education Benefits or VR&E VocRehab please contact:
- VA GI Bill®* Hotline: (888) 442-4551
- For VR&E/Vocational Rehabilitation: Please contact your assigned Case Manager via e-mail.
- Alternatively if you are unsure of the status of your Voc Rehab/VR&E benefits *as long as they remain open* you can contact the general VR&E offices:
- Oakland VR&E: (510) 637-6128
- Sacramento VR&E: (916) 364-6700
- Fresno VR&E: will be up again soon
- *GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about educational benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
The LINKs below provide importaint information from CCSF and the VA:
Summer and Fall 2020 Information
Admissions & Records/Registration Welcome to Summer and Fall 2020 semesters! We have learned a lot and are spending our summer training and developing new and improved remote experiences for you.
In order to protect the health and safety of everyone at CCSF:
- Summer 2020 will continue with all instruction and student services delivered online and remotely.
- Most Fall 2020 classes will be taught remotely through distance education. This means that you will be able to take most courses in Canvas. Certain courses that cannot be completed remotely will be held in-person following strict safety protocols. Registration is underway. To secure your classes, register now.
- Most student services will be conducted remotely for Fall 2020. There may be select areas that are absolutely necessary to provide limited in-person services, but these will be determined as we move closer to the Fall semester.
The COVID-19 situation is dynamic. As the public health situation allows, we will expand in-person instruction and student services during the Fall semester. However, if cases spike, we may need to scale back our in-person activities.
In order to keep you updated, we plan to release information regularly. Our next update in mid-June will have some specificity about the classes that are our top priority for in-person instruction. Check the College’s COVID-19 website for more information as it becomes available.
Following strict safety precaution the following fields of study will be offered inperson:
- Aircraft Maintenance
- Automotive Technology
- Cardiovasculary Technology/Echocardiography
- Culinary Arts & Hospitality Services
- Dental Assisting
- Diagnostic Medical Imaging
- Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic
- Environmental Horticulture & Floristry
- Firefighter Academy
- Licensed Vocational Nursing
- Motorcycle Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
- Registered Nursing
Spring 2020 Emergency Grading Options
If you have any further questions or concerns or want to talk through what your best options are, you can reach a counselor by emailing email@example.com or visit Academic Counseling. Counselors can work with you by phone, email, and Zoom video conference.
Important Information & Tips:
VETS Office Virtual Help Counter
The VETS Virtual Help Counter will be availabe for student veterans who have questions regarding the new "green" sheet, general questions, work study, Summer and Fall 2020 semester Education Benefits or VR&E questions.
Breakout rooms will be avalibae as needed.
Priority Registration Information
Veterans fall under the 1st Priority Group for Registration Priority Groups
Priority Registration (for Veterans) for the Summer and Fall 2020 semester begins:
- Summer 2020: Web Registration begins
- Fall 2020: Web Registration begins
- Priority Registration is available to veterans generally ~2-4 months prior to the first day of each new semester. For summer the priority registration date is generally 2-3 weeks prior to summer start date.
- You will receive an email to your CCSF email informing you of your priority registration date. If there are complications with receiving this email, please contact the VETS Office to confirm your priority registration status at (415) 239-3486.
- For students who plan on using VA Education Benefits OR Vocational Rehabilitation for Summer 2020 & Fall 2020 classes, it is best if you come into the VETS Office on the Fall 2020 priority registration date to complete paperwork for BOTH semesters at once.
- IF you are planning on ONLY using VA Education Benefits OR Vocational Rehabilitation for Fall 2020 feel free to contact the VETS Office on the Fall 2020 registration date by Email or Phone call.
Veteran's Counseling hours are subject to change without prior notice. Call: (415) 239-3486 for availability. Thank you!
Early completion of the New Student Matriculation Process (see column on the right for details) will help ensure a more timely payment of VA educational benefits.
Out of state tuition:
- In state tuition is not automatic for all veterans. We are working with our A&R department to gain clarification on the law.
- if you are a veteran out of the state of California please visit the A&R Residency For Tuition Purposes link and contact Mandy Liang at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jose Goussen email@example.com
Residency Virtual Counter is Live!
Monday and Wednesday
11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and
2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Friday 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
A friendly message from the SF VA Student Veteran Health Program
Enroll in VA health care!
Find out about services through the San Francisco VA Health Care System!
Contact our SFVA Student Veteran Health Program for more information:
Bridget Leach, LCSW (415) 200-6933
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about educational benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.