After You Apply
City College of San Francisco Financial Aid Office's mission is to promote and maintain integrity, accurary, and timeliness in delivery of services. To support this mission, we provide the next steps to ensure a student is awarded financial aid and the financial aid is disbursed.
Once you apply for financial aid, please use the following steps:
- You will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) via email within
72 hours after submitting your application online. CA Dream Act
applicants will receive a CalSAR.
- The SAR/CalSAR informs you if there are any errors with your application, of your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), and whether or not you are selected for income verification
- CCSF will receive your FAFSA or CA Dream Act in our
system 1-2 weeks after you submit your application online
- An email will be sent to your CCSF GMAIL email address once your application is received in our system and processed
- You must log onto your myCCSF Portal to view if you have any
- Even if you are not selected for income verification, you may have additional paperwork to complete
- Follow instructions until all
requirements reflect a status of "Received &
- Authorize to Pay Prior Years Institutional Charges requirement will remain as "Requested", but it is satisfied as long as the provided answer is "Authorize"
- Federal Work Study (FWS) Eligibility Notification requirement will remain as "Requested", as it is just a notification, not a Federal Work Study award
- View your Financial Aid Award
- An award letter will be sent via email to your CCSF GMAIL email address
- Review the Disbursement Information to understand when you will receive your financial aid award(s)