Noncredit Admission


               *Attention CCSF students*

To further limit the potential of COVID-19 spreading within our local community, City College of San Francisco temporarily suspended face to face student services and instruction effective Friday March 13. Starting March 30, Student Services will continue offering remote services and you can continue to receive resources from our department websites and COVID-19 Corona Virus Response FAQs.

For questions or to request assistance please contact:

·         Email:

We will not be able to accept faxes during this closure.

We will not be accepting phone calls during this closure.

We apologize for any inconvenience during this time and we are committed to serving our students to the best of our abilities during this school campus closure.


Are you interested in taking Noncredit classes and want to see what we offer? 

Simply fill out the form below and our staff will contact you for more detail.

City College of San Francisco - Fall 2020 Semester Student Interest Form

Otoño 2020 - Formulario de interés/2020年秋季学期学生兴趣表


Use the link below to join our zoom sessions on how to initialize RAMid and get onto Canvas.

8/3 to 8/21, Monday to Friday

AM session 10am to 10:30am

PM session  1pm to 1:30pm


City College of San Francisco offers an extensive schedule of day, evening and weekend noncredit classes. Enrollment procedure for these may vary depending on the type of course and the location of the class. You may complete a noncredit admissions application online. Placement assessment, orientation and counseling are required for many noncredit courses. These free services are offered at various CCSF  locations. Please check with the center that offers the class if you have questions.

Pre-registration at the center(s) is required for enrolling in the following courses: (Pre-registration may include placement assessment, Orientation and counseling):

  • Adult Basic Skills
  • Adult High School
  • GED Preparation
  • Business and Computer Skills
  • Disabled Students Programs and Services
  • English as a Second Language
  • Child Development and Family Services
  • Health Care Technology and Health Science

Go directly to the class and register in class for the following courses:

  • Consumer Arts and Sciences
  • Consumer Education
  • Older Adults

Who is eligible?

  • Anyone who is 18 years of age or older
  • A minor who may benefit from instruction and has permission from both the local high school district and a parent/guardian
  • Visa Type:  F-1           Academic student

Is it permissible to enroll in Noncredit free classes while in F-1 status?

International students with a F1 visa may enroll in noncredit courses however they must be enrolled in a full-time status (12 units) at their Home School.  NONCREDIT COURSES CANNOT COUNT TOWARD FULL-TIME STATUS.  Please check with your International Student Counselor for more information.

You may enter in the F-1 visa category provided you meet the following criteria:

1. You must be enrolled in an "academic" educational program, a language-training program, or a vocational program

2.  Your school must be approved by the Student and Exchange Visitors Program, Immigration & Customs Enforcemen

3.  You must be enrolled as a full-time student at the institution

4.  You must be proficient in English or be enrolled in courses leading to English proficiency

5.  You must have sufficient funds available for self-support during the entire proposed course of stud

6.  You must maintain a residence abroad which he/she has no intention of giving up.

More information on F-1 visa

  • Visa Type:  B-1/B-2     Visitor for business or pleasure

Is it permissible to enroll in school while in B-1/B-2 status?

No, it is NOT permissible to enroll in any class.  The regulations, at 8 CFR 214.2(b)(7), specifically prohibit study in the United States while in B-1 or B-2 status.

More information on B-1/B-2 Visa

Placement Testing

The college is closed because of Covid-19 right now, but students can still take a test to see which ESL level is best. The ESL Guided Placement Tool (CLICK HERE) will help you decide if they want to take English, Credit ESL, or Noncredit ESL.   

After you answer the questions on the ESL Guided Placement Tool, the Testing Office will contact you. If you have any questions, please contact the Testing Office at (415) 239-3124 or email




Counselors are available to assist students complete educational and career planning. Visit or contact the center(s) for dates and times of operation

Student counseling