Transitional Studies Department
Free Noncredit Classes
Conveniently Located Throughout San Francisco
Recipient of the Academic Senate for
California Community Colleges 2006 Exemplary Program Award
The Transitional Studies Department offers instruction in the CCSF High School Diploma Program, General Education Development (GED®), High School Equivalency Test (HiSet®), Adult Basic Education, and Vocational Foundation Skills.
curriculum consists of courses in reading, writing, mathematics, and
specific subjects at basic, intermediate, and advanced levels.
Instructional methodology includes both individualized and traditional
All courses are free of charge and are designed to help students complete their adult education and, if desired, transfer to college degree or career/technical certificate programs.
Programs and classes are available day, evening, & Saturday morning at Mission Center
- To complete a CCSF noncredit application online, click HERE.
For further information about our programs, please contact the site coordinators listed below.
- Julita McNichol (Coordinator & Faculty Advisor)
TRST Office: (415) 920-6043
- Kate Gougoutas (Faculty Advisor)
- Sandra Vaughn (Pathways Coordinator)
- Jennifer Helton (Equity Staff Development & Credit Recovery Coordinator)