Office of (On- Campus) Student Employment
Due to COVID-19, the CCSF Office of Student Employment will be closed to face-to-face contact with students effective Friday, March 13, 2020 and will remain closed to face-to-face contact until further notice. For student employment assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
To: Student Workers
From: Office of Student Employment
Date: May 22, 2020
RE: Summer 2020 Student Employment Update
The following memo is to provide an update on student workers during the intersession May 21, 2020 to June 7, 2020 and Summer term June 8, 2020 to August 2, 2020.
Due to budget limitations and COVID-19 guidelines,
- All student employment including Federal Work Study, EOPS, CalWORKs and District Lab Aide will end on Wednesday, May 20, 2020.
- Student employment payroll will not continue during the intersession and summer term as we continue remote instruction and delivery of services.
The last day of student employment for Spring 2020 is May 20, 2020. Please ensure you submit a timesheet for pay period 12 up to 30 hours, as applicable.
For more information and updates on Fall 2020 Student Employment please visit the Student Employment college website.
The Office of Student Employment assists in the process of hiring student workers for on- campus employment. Our mission is to implement on- campus student employment as an educational experience which will contribute to our student's professional and personal maturity. Thank you for your interest in student employment.
How to begin
City College of San Francisco students seeking on- campus employment must log in to MyRAM to begin the Student Hiring Eligibility Process (SHEP).
Overview of SHEP in MyRAM:
- Personal Info.
- Enrollment Requirement: Fall/ Spring: Credit students 6 units, International F-1/ M-1 students 12 units, non- credit students 12 hours/ wk. Summer: Credit students 3 units, International F-1/ m-1 students 3 units, non-credit students 6 hours/ wk
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and Clearance: with Student Health Services
- CCSF Sexual Harassment Policy
- Employment History with City and County of San Francisco or City College of San Francisco
- Payroll *Online access has been temporarily disabled, please use direct deposit form located on the bottom right side of this webpage. Please turn in the DDA form, photo ID, and voided check to Payroll in Cloud Hall 324
- Eligible for Hire page. View on- campus jobs: www.ccsf.edu/jobs
- Form I-9
Please log in to MyRAM to complete these steps.
For detailed step by step instructions please review the Student Employment Handbook for students, located in right column under Documents.
TB procedure and
Social Security Cards (for payroll purposes) can
delay the hiring process by several weeks. Please plan
- Please submit your consent to the TB
information release agreement in SHEP step#3 before visiting
Student Health Services
- Know what Job Classification you
fall under: Federal Work Study, Lab Aide, or Grants/ CalWORKs/
Aid at fafsa.ed.gov
for Federal Work Study eligibility. Lab Aide funded jobs are
available to all CCSF students. Grants/ CalWORKs/ EOPS funded jobs
are available to students who meet the eligibility requirements, see
departments for details.
- Find employment through www.ccsf.edu/jobs or inquire in- person within the department before you process your Form I-9 with Student Employment.
- Obtain a Student Employment Job Offer Form from your potential employer and bring it with you to the Student Employment Office at the time of Form I-9 processing.
- International students, please obtain your employment authorization letter from the Office of International Programs (CloudHall 212) and your employer authorization letter from your supervisor before processing your Form I-9.
- Student workers are paid $15.59/hr (starting July 1, 2019) and can work a maximum of 15 hours per week.
Department-Specific Jobs Pages (partial list)
Please reference the SHEP Brochure for Employers for step by step instructions on how to post a position and hire a student worker. For other inquiries please contact me directly via email or office phone.
GENERAL RULE: Student worker’s may not perform duties that may replace a Classified Employee.
The Student Employment Job Offer Form is intended for new hires in need of Form I-9 processing. The purpose of this form is to verify offer of employment. Please provide him/ her a job offer letter upon offer of employment. Thank you for your cooperation to avoid delays in hiring.
Off- Campus Employers
Or visit Career Development Counseling: www.ccsf.edu/Services/CDPC